Content of the material
- Add a loyalty or gift card
- Combine visa gift cards
- Alternative way to add money
- The Slightly Longer Method: Buy an eGift Card
- Next enter the exact amount of your AMEX gift card
- Double check everything and click Click Place your order
- Head to Your Email and click the “Apply to your Amazon Account”
- That’s it! Your AMEX Gift Card is now added to Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
- Final thoughts
Add a loyalty or gift card
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the top, tap the card button .
- Tap Add a card.
- Tap an option.
- Gift card
- Find and tap the merchant or program name. You can also search for the merchant or program name.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Combine visa gift cards
You can also use your Visa gift cards to purchase an e-Gift Card on Amazon. Then your gift card balance will automatically be reloaded with the exact balance you previously had on your Visa gift card. This method is slightly complicated, but can always work as a great solution to combine all your Visa gift cards.
- 1: First, you have to know the exact amount you have on your gift card.
- 2: Log in to your Amazon account and select ‘Amazon Gift Card’ tab.
- 3: Choose ‘e-Gift Card’.
- 4: Choose ‘standard’ gift card under ‘Gift Card Design’
- 5: Enter the EXACT amount of your Visa gift card.
- 6: Click ‘Buy Now’ and then ‘Add a credit or debit card.’
- 7: Make Sure the gift card is selected.
- 8: Hit ‘Place your order.’
- 9: Go to your email, open the email from Amazon and choose the ‘Apply to your Amazon Account’ button.
- 10: Your Visa gift card balance has been added to your Amazon gift card balance.
Alternative way to add money
If you don’t have a debit, credit, or prepaid cards, there is another alternative you can follow:
- Go to a participating store.
- Access your barcode. First, access ‘View your barcode’ on your ‘Amazon Cash’ from your smartphone or print your barcode, then save it to your home screen or your digital wallet.
- Show the barcode to the cashier in the store. You can also provide your phone number connected to your Amazon account.
- Give the cashier the amount you want to add to your Amazon gift cards.
The Slightly Longer Method: Buy an eGift Card
Below is slightly longer but you can send to anyone (or yourself). This trick again requires you to have an Amazon account. In this example I have $33.04 left remaining on an AMEX gift card. Note that any AMEX, Visa or Mastercard gift card should work
Next enter the exact amount of your AMEX gift card
Enter the EXACT amount of the AMEX gift card balance as well as the email address (of yourself or the person you want to send to). You can check your AMEX gift card balance here.
Double check everything and click Click Place your order
If you already have an Amazon Gift Card balance, there will be a note that Your gift card balance can’t be applied to orders that contain Amazon.com or Visa or Mastercard gift cards, or collectible coins.
Head to Your Email and click the “Apply to your Amazon Account”
You may need to wait 5 minutes, but when you see the email appear, you can simply click the email link. Alternatively you can find the Claim Code in the and enter it here.
That’s it! Your AMEX Gift Card is now added to Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
Once you follow the email, and apply the Amazon Gift Card to your account, you should be all set.
Consolidating your gift cards is a solution to having multiple gift cards with small balances you cannot combine towards one payment. Make sure to only combine your gift cards with the service you will use them on.