Content of the material
- How Eau de parfum, Eau de toilette, and Eau de cologne differs?
- Eau de parfum
- Eau de toilette
- Eau de cologne
- Price variation of Eau de parfum, Eau de toilette, and Eau de cologne
- Top 10 perfumes for men
- Top perfumes for women
- Top 10 Eau de parfum fragrances for men
- Top Eau de parfum fragrances for women
- Top Eau de toilette fragrances for men
- Top Eau de toilette fragrances for women
- Top Eau de cologne fragrances for men
- Top Eau de cologne fragrances for women
- 4. Eau de Cologne
- Eau de Parfum (EDP)
- Fragrance 101
- Eau Fraiche
How Eau de parfum, Eau de toilette, and Eau de cologne differs?
The only thing which changes is the concentration of perfume. The first question is how perfumes are made? The fragrance contains concentrated perfume oil in very little quantity, the rest of the bottle is filled with alcohol or water. Depending on the perfume concentration the fragrance strength, the duration it lasts changes. Eau de parfum, Eau de toilette and Eau de cologne have different levels of concentrated oils. Eau de parfum is also called as Eaux de parfum. Similarly, eau de toilette also known as Eaux de toilette. Finally, Eaux de cologne is another name for eau de cologne. The table below formulated the differences beautifully.
Perfume is the strongest form of fragrance and contains around 15 to 25 percentage of fragrance oil. It is best to fit for parties and very expensive too.
Eau de parfum
Eau de parfum is a very strong form of fragrance you can buy. Usually, it has 10% – 15% perfume oil. Eau de parfum is most suitable for parties, special occasions, big day. Eau de parfum is very strong and smell last for a long time. Because of high concentration, eau de parfum is very expensive.
Eau de toilette
Eau de toilette is a mild form of fragrance, people generally prefer during summer. You can apply eau de toilette daily to the office, workplace. It won’t jitter your work colleagues. The concentration of the oil is around 10% only. The price of the eau de toilette is in mid range.
Eau de cologne
Eau de cologne is the mildest form of fragrance. The concentrated perfume oil is only around 2% to 4%. Making it the safe option for work and morning splash. Because of low concentration, the price of eau de cologne is very less.
Price variation of Eau de parfum, Eau de toilette, and Eau de cologne
Which one is cheaper? Say you take in one 100ml bottle and fill 20% of concentrated perfume and fill 80ml with water, and in another 100 ml of bottle fill it with 4 ml of perfume and 96 ml of water, which is cheaper? The obvious logic is the perfume with 20% of fragrance.
But in reality, the difference is complex. Fragrance price varies from brand to brand. For the same class of fragrance, same quantity the price varies a lot. Apart from that, in most of the cases brands which manufacture eau de parfum do not manufacture eau de toilette. Because of these reasons comparing is little difficult.
Top 10 perfumes for men
- AXE Signature Mysterious Body Perfume, 122ml
- W.O.W. Perfumes Black Jack for Men -100ML
- Titan Skinn Raw Men, 100ml
- Engage M1 Perfume Spray for Men, 120ml
- Riya Born Rich Perfume for men 100 ml
- Denver Black.Code Eau De Parfum – 50Ml Each For Men
- Titan Skinn Steele Men, 100ml
- Envy Perfume for Men, 60ml
- Fogg Napoleon Body Spray For Men , 150ml
- OSR Tommy Boy spray perfume for men 110 ml
Top perfumes for women
- Titan Fragrances Women’S, Celeste, 100ml
- Riya Blue Pearl spray perfume men 100 ML
- UDV SPORT – EDT – Perfume for Men – 100ML
- Armaf Marjan Gold Perfume Long Lasting Body Spray
- Udv Edition Limitee Gold – EDT – Perfume for Men – 100Ml
Top 10 Eau de parfum fragrances for men
- Fogg Scent Intensio For Men, 100ml
- Rasasi Royale Blue Men – EDP – Perfume For Men – 75 ML
- Trescho Perfumes Gentlemen The Classic One Perfume
- Fogg Impressio Scent For Men, 100ml
- Yardley Gentlemen Classic Edt Perfume, 100ml
- Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio EDT Spray for Men, 100ml
- Jovan Musk for Men Cologne Spray, 88ml
- David Beckham Signature Deo for Men, 150 ml
- Gatsby Perfume Deodorant Spray Aqua for Men, 150ml
- Fogg Xtremo Scent For Men, 100ml
Top Eau de parfum fragrances for women
- Chastity Eau De Parfum For Men by Rasasi 100 ml by Rasasi
- Chastity Pour Femme EDP By Rasasi 100ml
- Gucci by Gucci Premiere 75ml
- Armani Acqua di Gioia EDP for Women, 100ml
- Burberry Body Intense By Burberry For Women 85 ml
- Zephyr Vex for Women, Luxury French Eau De Parfum,100ml
Top Eau de toilette fragrances for men
- Adidas Dynamic Pulse EDT, 100ml
- Jaguar Classic Blue EDT for Men, 100ml
- Nautica By Nautica Edt Spray 100.55 ml
- Ulric De Varens Udv Eau De Toilette Spray for Men, 100.55ml
- Nike Up Or Down Perf EDT for Men, 75ml
- Ferrari Red for Men, 125ml
Top Eau de toilette fragrances for women
- Nike Up Or Down Perf Edt for Women, Blue, 75ml
- Revlon Charlie Red Perfume for Women
- Aramis Classic SUPER EDT Spray for Men, Brown, 110ml
- Diesel Zero Plus Feminine Eau De Toilette Spray for Women, 75ml
- Burberry Body Tender for Women, 85ml
Top Eau de cologne fragrances for men
- Jaguar classic Black for men 100ml
- Royal Mirage Brown Eau de Cologne Classic Original – 120 ml
- Jovan Musk for Men Cologne Spray, 88ml
- Aramis 900 EDC NaturalSP for Men, Brown, 100ml
- Jovan White Musk EDC Spray for Men, 88ml
- Bvlgari Man Extreme Cologne Spray for Men 3.4 Ounce
Top Eau de cologne fragrances for women
- Jovan White Musk EDC – 96 ml
- Royal Mirage Gold EDC – 120 ml
- Revlon Charlie Gold Eau Fraiche Vaporisteur – 100 ml
- Revlon Charlie Red EDC – 100 ml
- Gucci Flora EDC – 75 ml
It’s the smart way to select the products without reading buying guides Install the Android App now
Make the best purchase decision with the help of Perfume selector.
4. Eau de Cologne
Eau de cologne (EDC) has a much lower fragrance concentration (about 2% to 4%) than the EDT with a high alcohol content, and therefore is cheaper than those above. It generally lasts for up to two hours.
EDCs mostly come in bigger bottles as more of these fragrances should be worn. Originally eau de cologne is referred to a traditional recipe that used herb and citrus notes with little anchoring with base notes.
Eau de Parfum (EDP)
Eau de parfums have the next-highest concentration of perfume oils, between 15 and 20 percent. They are made to last on the skin all day without giving the person in the cubicle next to you a headache, or transferring onto someone else’s neck after a hug. They are the most common fragrance category and typically how all new fragrances are released. Many perfumes on the department store counter are eau de parfums. The scent will be prominent from morning to evening, and should still be detectable when you undress at night.
Scent is classified by its concentration:
Perfume (or parfum if you’re feeling fancy) is the strongest, and typically lasts the longest on the skin (up to or even more than 24 hours). It’s about 20-30% perfume essence.
Eau de parfum is a little less concentrated: 15-20% perfume essence, it’ll probably last you about 5-8 hours, depending on ingredients and how much you apply.
Eau de toilette is diluted enough to be sold in spray bottles: 5-15% perfume essence. That means it’s light enough to be sprayed more generously. Also, due to the higher diluting alcohol content, it will not be very long-lasting, maybe 3 hours. So it’s good for daily use, and even if you accidentally douse yourself it’ll wear off quickly.
Cologne, or eau de Cologne, is even lighter. (Fun fact: it was named for the city of Cologne, in Germany, where a particular scent was first made.) This category of scents are fresh, sometimes fruity, and often contain citrus oils such as lemon, orange, and neroli (bitter orange blossom). Containing approximately 2-4% perfume essence, colognes typically last around 2 hours.
Eau fraiche (fresh) water contains the least amount of perfume essence, 1-3%. Accordingly, it lasts the shortest amount of time – an hour, maybe less.
Like eau de cologne, eau fraiche also has a very low concentration of alcohol, sometimes 1 to 3 percent. The difference is that colognes are mixed with alcohol like traditional fragrances are. Eau fraiches are mixed with mostly water and serve as a quick refresher without a long-lasting scent.
Most perfume counters are organized by brand or price, not type, but you will be able to find these terms on the label, or by telling a salesperson at the counter what you are looking for.Do not be overwhelmed. There is a type of fragrance to fit your lifestyle, no matter if you are going for the classic, all-day wear of an eau de parfum, a heavier option of a pure parfum, or a lighter, more temporary wear of an eau fraiche.