Content of the material
- Reset your network adapter
- 9. Update Your Network Drivers
- Common Internet Errors after Windows 10 Update
- Tips for wireless network users
- How Do I Fix Windows 10 Slow Internet Speed Problem?
- 1: Monitoring Windows Updates
- 2: Stop Background Running Applications
- 3: Disable Large Send Offload (LSO)
- 4: Modify Internet Bandwidth Settings
- 5: Disable Window Auto-Tuning
- 6: Scan your Viruses and Spyware
- 7: Update the Network Drivers
- 8: Disable Firewall
- Error NP-35000-8 on PS4 or PS5? Heres The Fix!
Reset your network adapter
It’s worth doing this just to see if it’s the adapter at fault. You can disable and restart it by finding the adapter in the Control Panel (look under Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter settings).
Right-click the connection that’s currently being used and choose Disable. Leave it a few seconds, then double-click it to enable it again.
A restart of your PC can also have the same effect. Just remember in Windows 10 you need to choose Restart, not Shut Down because the latter saves the system state and doesn’t really close everything down.
If that doesn’t work, try running the following commands. Launch CMD.exe or PowerShell depending on your version of Windows and type (or copy and paste if you have Windows 10) these three, pressing Enter after each one.
netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
9. Update Your Network Drivers
Sometimes whenever you upgrade to a new Windows, especially if you just upgraded to your new Windows 10, unwanted errors that has got to do with your drivers could now and then pop up.
The reason could be that your drivers are outdated, lost, or you just might have the wrong network drivers on your computer, so it’s always good to check up on this (even if you’re not having any problems).
A great tool you can use is Driver Talent and you don’t need to do a thing as it matches your computer to the right drivers and it downloads them automatically in just two minutes. Oh did I tell you it’s free too? ?
I have included a great guide for you to follow up on this.
Common Internet Errors after Windows 10 Update
Well, the Windows 10 internet problems or internet slow after Windows 10 upgrade issues are encountered after upgrading to Windows 10 or updating to the latest major updates [Creators Update or Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 update 2021].
Commonly every Windows 10 update brings lots of issues and errors with it and the Windows 10 slow internet or Internet connection problem is one of them.
Here check out the commonly found Internet errors after Windows 10 update and the ways to fix them:
- : Many users are unable to browse the web due to the web disconnection after updating to Windows 10 latest updates like Anniversary update, Creators update, spring update, and others.
- Internet Connection Not Working After Windows 10 Creators Update: This issue is typically related to Creators update. Many users are reporting no internet connection or internet not working issue after installing it.
- Wi-Fi Connection Error “No Internet, Secured”: This issue is faced by the users after upgrading or installing Windows 10. Even after connecting to the internet users are getting no internet connection error.
- Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings: Many Windows 10 users are reporting the error “Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings” and faces slow internet speed issues.
- “No Internet Access” error message“: After installing Windows 10 many users are reporting No internet access error. Well, there is no exact solution due to which users are struggling with this error but can be fixed after following the possible fixes.
Now after resolving the Internet errors after Windows 10 update try the given ways to fix Windows 10 slow internet speed.
Tips for wireless network users
When you’re connecting to a wireless network (Wi‑Fi), your Internet connection speed can be affected by both where your computer is located and whether other wireless devices are in the same area. Wireless networks operate on frequencies that are similar to those used by other devices, such as microwave ovens or cordless phones. Operating a 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) cordless phone next to your 2.4 GHz wireless laptop can cause interference, or completely block the wireless network connection. If you want to make phone calls while surfing the web, either use a wired telephone or a cordless phone that operates at a different frequency than your wireless network.
Proximity to the wireless access point or router, as well as physical obstructions, can affect the quality of your Internet connection. To improve your connection speed, move closer to the access point and make sure that there are no physical obstructions between the access point and your computer.
How Do I Fix Windows 10 Slow Internet Speed Problem?
1: Monitoring Windows Updates
The automatic updates are by default enabled in Windows 10 and as a result, the update function stays active in the background and eats up huge masses of network bandwidth. As it checks and downloads entire updates.
So, to boost the Internet speed it is recommended to temporarily disable the Automatic system feature. This feature turns the system into a file-sharing server to reduce the central Window’s server but this makes the network services constantly engaged in background activities.
Follow the steps to disable it:
- Go to Windows settings > from “Update and recovery” menu > click on “Windows Update”
- Then, click on “Choose how updates get installed” option and set update preferences as per your preference, or simply turn off the On
I hope this simple trick works for you to fix Windows 10 slow internet.
2: Stop Background Running Applications
The background running apps are the common reasons behind slow internet speed on Windows 10.
So, disable the unnecessary application or when not in use to speed up the internet on Windows 10, this not only fixes slow internet issues but also improves overall system performance.
Commonly internet consuming applications are Torrent, cloud-storage applications like Dropbox and Google Drive, Antivirus software, Steam, and Graphics card driver Nvidia GeForce Experience
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click Windows Taskbar > open “Task Manager.”
- Then in the Task Manager’s menu > click on the “Performance” tab.
- And, click on “Open Resource Monitor” > click on the Network tab and check for the applications or services that have a high number of send and receive requests.
The higher number means these applications are taking chunks of internet bandwidth.
Now after identifying the apps or services follow the steps to disable them:
- Click on Start > choose Settings
- Now click on Privacy, > Background apps.
- And turn Off the apps and services that slow down your internet. Now check if the slow internet Windows 10 problem is fixed
3: Disable Large Send Offload (LSO)
Windows 10 Large Send Offload is the latest feature and is used to improve the system overall network performance.
But this feature allows background applications to consume a large amount of network bandwidth.
So, try disabling it and checking Windows 10 slow internet fixed or not.
- Open Start Menu > right-click on the Computer > choose “Properties” > Control Panel
- Click on “Device Manager” and among all devices listed > expand “Network Adapters.”
- Locate the Network Card and double-click on it > choose “Advanced” tab > select “Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4)” > set the value to Disabled.
- And do the same process for Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6) (if available).
- Click OK.
It is estimated this works to fix Windows 10 slow internet speed issue.
4: Modify Internet Bandwidth Settings
By default Windows 10 reserves 20% of internet bandwidth for system applications & OS, and you can’t browse the internet with 100% internet connection.
This solution trims internet bandwidth applications and speeds up slow internet connection.
Follow the given steps to fix slow internet after Windows 10 update
- Press Win + R key > and in Run dialog box > type gpedit.msc > OK.
- Give permissions now a pop-up window opens with the title of Group Policy > then click on Computer Configuration
- Then go to Administrative Templates > Network > Qos Packet Scheduler > Limit reservable bandwidth.
- Click on Enable > change the Value from 20 to 0.
- Click Apply > click OK
And check if it improves internet speed on Windows 10 or not.
5: Disable Window Auto-Tuning
The Windows Auto-Tuning is enabled by default to improve performance for programs by receiving TCP data over the network.
And after updating Windows 10 the slower internet speed could hit the computer when Windows Auto-tuning is “ON”.
You can disable this feature to fix Windows 10 slow internet problem.
Follow the steps to disable it:
- Press Win + X > choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- And in the window type, the command netsh interface tcp show global.
- Now check for Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level and if it is normal, try to disable it.
- And to disable it type the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
Now check whether the adjustment improve internet speed on Windows 10 or not.
But if not then re-enable it by typing netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal in Command Prompt (Admin).
6: Scan your Viruses and Spyware
As discussed above the viruses and spyware infection slow down the internet on the Windows system.
So, to speed up the internet Windows 10, perform a deep scan with a good antivirus or anti-malware security program to recover the infection completely.
I hope this works to fix Windows slow internet problem but if not then try the second solution.
7: Update the Network Drivers
Sometimes the pre-installed Windows 10 driver causes incompatibility issues with the system’s hardware. So, it is advised to check for the outdated drivers and try updating or installing the new ones.
8: Disable Firewall
Many users confirmed that disabling the Firewall temporarily, fix Windows 10 slow internet speed, so it is worth trying it once if none of the above-given solutions works for you.
- Just go to Start and in the search box,> type Firewall and check the running firewall program
- Now open the appeared firewall and click the Turn on Windows Firewall
- And from their Turn off Windows firewall
Now check if this works to fix Windows 10 slow internet but if not then simply turn it on.
Error NP-35000-8 on PS4 or PS5? Heres The Fix!Do you want to access the Playstation Network but are greeted by an NP-35000-8 error code on your…
August 26, 2021